Landscape Architecture Services
Madrone Landscape Design creates unique experiences, connects people with the environment, and builds personal relationships around practical and lasting outdoor spaces.
We understand our clients’ motivations and goals through careful observation, diligent listening, and early attention to budget. Our time-tested design process gives the opportunity to explore options, integrate client feedback at multiple points, and refine plan sets all the way to complete construction documents. As a California Central Coast landscape design product Madrone landscape installations speak for themselves today, tomorrow, and for years to come.
Looking to visualize a project?
In addition to 2-dimensional plan sets, the Madrone Design office has 3D rendering capability, useful for photorealistic representation of design products or multi-dimensional communication of design intent. Often provided as a supplementary service to our standard design process, landscape renders can be very helpful in design decision-making.
For most of our design clients, the process outlined below provides the best combination of design exploration and efficient development of constructible landscape plans:
- Discuss project goals, ideas, and scope
- Design proposal presented: outlines project scope and fees for design
- Site measurements and photos
- Digital base map drafted
First Meeting – Concept Plan
- Concept Plan presented: spatial layout, design inspiration & elements, initial plant palette, material finish options
- Redline and markup plan for changes: one copy of concept each for client and Madrone designer
- 50% of design fee billed
Second Meeting – Refined Plan and Budgetary Estimate
- Full Landscape Plan: all plan elements, full specification of materials, draft construction details
- Construction estimate presented with line item cost for all design elements on plan
- Redline estimate/plan to fit priorities & budget
- Next 25% of design fee billed
Third Meeting – Finalized Plan and Estimate
- Finalized Plan Set and bid presented
- Discuss Madrone construction process & timeline
- Last 25% of design fee billed
Post-Design – Madrone Construction
- All construction crews are in-house
- Designer is available throughout the construction process
- Seamless transition between every stage of the project
Looking to learn more about design at Madrone?