It’s a wonderful day to Meet the Team! For December, we are happy to spotlight Vanessa Queen, our Controller. Vanessa keeps our finances going smoothly. We appreciate you Vanessa!
1. How long have you worked at Madrone?
Over a year. I started at Madrone in August 2019.
2. What is your favorite thing about working at Madrone?
The teamwork and values everyone at Madrone has/holds. From work ethic to environmental concern, everyone is all-around awesome.
3. What’s your favorite project you’ve worked on and why?
Any project where the client is enthusiastic and excited to work with us is great!
4. What is your favorite or least favorite plant, and why?
My favorite plant is agave or echevena succulents. My least favorite is shrubs – all shrubs. They get filled with spiders and then in the morning you can see all the webs.
5. What are some of your favorite hobbies outside of work?
I love refinishing furniture and being crafty. My husband will tell you that I always have at least one half-finished project in our garage — it’s currently a dining table and four chairs that I’m repainting and two benches we made form a headboard/footboard!
6. Give us a fun fact about you:
- My husband and I only dated for six months before we got married and have been married for 15 years. We went to the same high school but didn’t really know each other.
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- I’m a pen clicker.